Fedora vs OpenSuse

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 13 09:52:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 01:08 -0700, Les wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 08:12 +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
> > Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
> > Fedora?
>
> Have they given you any reason?
This would be interesting to know.

>   Perhaps they have absorbed the M$ FUD?
> Or do they know something that we don't?

You should be aware that suse distros in Europe are magnitudes wider in
use than Fedora. I haven't seen recent figures, but during the RHL-ages,
at least in Germany, users of RH-based distros had hardly been
measurable (No surprise, at that time SuSE had been a German based
enterprise, selling a distro much better meeting the German/European
market's demands than RH ever did).

Som I guess, the reason probably not much more than a "we are better
familiar with it".

Ralf