F6 suspend to ram

John Ketchum jwketchum at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:45:34 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:

> John Ketchum wrote:
> > Does anyone have advice about how to get suspend-to-ram working for
> > an F6 installation on a desktop with Intel 945GNT motherboard and
> > Pentium D 820?  Hibernate works fine (suspend to disk), but any
> > attempt to suspend results in suspend, but no way to wake up other
> > than a reboot.  APpears to be more than a video problem -- box is
> > also unresponsive on the network.
>
> I don't have any good answers, but a good place to start looking is at
> Richard Hughes (gnome-power-manager fellow) page on suspend quirks:
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html

Thanks, I have looked at that material, but as the main page says, the
framework is only supported by F7.  I don't see a way to apply this to my F6
installation.  Of course, one option is to upgrade to F7, but it is not
clear that this will solve my problem, and I don't want to go through the
pain of the upgrade if it won't solve the problem.  Looking for some
pointers before a go thrashing about with an upgrade...