burning CDs on FC7 didn't work as non-root

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 13 14:42:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is a problem that I've not seen in a very long time (i.e. many
releases ago of Red Hat Linux, I think).  I tried to burn a CD-ROM from
an ISO, and nothing would let me do it as myself (command line tools,
applications, etc.).  As far as I could see, all the device permissions
were set in a way that should have let me do it.  I had to resort to
using wodim as the root user to get the job done.  Is this a personal
glitch, or do others find the same thing?

The box I was trying it on had a fresh installation of FC7, with any
updates that were released up until earlier today.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.