problem getting xoops cms to work on my Fedora 7 server

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Wed Jun 13 15:16:41 UTC 2007

Hello there,

Has anyone installed Xoops cms on a Fedora server?  I am having problems
with it connecting to the mysql database.  Xoops is written in php so I
think I might also be missing a php package which talks to the mysql server.
I looked under php for any packages which might work but I seemed to come up
open handed because I am uncertain what to install.  Can some one give me
some advice?  Here is the error I get from xoops when I try to install it.

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site
to help them solve the problem:

Error: Unable to connect to database

Scott