Dual head with different color depth

Chu Jeang Tan chujtan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:18:49 UTC 2007

thanks for replies... The ancient PCI video card has 2 meg memory. At
1280x1024 and 8bit, raw space required is 1.25 meg, at 16 bit 2.5meg.
So I am limited to 8bit. I need a slightly more updated PCI video
card, in fact I picked up this card on craigslist for $5.

The "problem" with moving windows between screens is solved by turning
on Xinerama. Additional requirement is both heads *must* have the same
bit depth.

Section "ServerFlags"
  Option "xinerama" "true"
EndSection