N00bie questions about encrypted file systems.

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Jun 13 16:24:53 UTC 2007

Peter Connolly wrote:
: Dean Messing wrote:
: > ... But given that this
: > process could (w/ small probability) destroy my filesystem,
: > I am still a tiny bit nervous. Fear of the Unknown I suppose.
:
: Backups are a wonderful thing.

I misspoke.  I will, of course, backup the directories here.
But when I'm in my destination, ready to give an important presentation,
and my filesystem won't let me in because of some snafu ... you get the idea.

And I cannot take the backup with me.  Where I'm going, there's more than
thieves to worry about.