Fedora7 LiveCD will not boot

monty19@ hotmail.com monty19 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:30:14 UTC 2007

I noticed this as well, but forgot to look into it. I just did a google
search and found/borrowed this:
If you are using a kernel >= 2.6.20, all /dev/hd*s will appear as
/dev/sd*s. This is a result of Linux using the libATA drivers for PATA
as well as SATA from now on.
from http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=552872

It would be MUCH easier to help with your SCSI controller problems if
you can do some research and identify it for us. Either pull the card
and look for a model number, or if it came with the system do some
research and see what model(s) of RAID controller were shipped with the
system. If you can boot the system of an IDE drive and it's a PCI card
try running lspci and see if you can identify it via that route. Without
knowing more the answer could be several different things, and trying to
think of and cover them all could be very tedious.

Jason