ximian connector

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Jun 14 12:15:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 14:07 +0000, roland brouwers wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:44:24 -0000, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at CU.CLEMSON.EDU>
> wrote:
>
> >> I would like to activate an 'out of office' note in evolution. I found
> >> on
> >> google that there is something like a 'Ximian connector' which give you
> >> this ability and even calendar exchange.
> >>
> >> Can anybody tell me what this is, because I cannot find this in my
> >> evolution.
> > yum install evolution-connector, then create a new mail account in Evo.
> > You will have new options to connect to an Exchange server using OWA.
> Does this mean that it is impossible to send an 'out of office' notice
> without using exchange?

Ah, no.  But your subject was "ximian connector".  If you use Exchange,
then you'll want to use evolution-connector to set your vacation
message.  If not, it's not really your mail client that's at issue.  How
do you get your mail?

There was a program called vacation that did this, but it's not in F7
(at lest as a separate package).  I recall that there's a reason for
that, but I can't recall what it is.  Somebody better at it than I can
probably tell point you at a procmail script and some backend that will
do it.  Just make sure it can detect mailing lists and repeat senders
and avoid notifying them.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences