how to save sound settings without saving sessions in gnome

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 23:13:38 UTC 2007

Dear all,

   I am successfully running Fedora 7 on a Shuttle X computer *the one with a kernel panic at the begining and strange syslogd outputs * .  I manually adjust the volume with the controls on the panel.  However, everytime I reboot, I lose the settings.

  Is there a way of saving the settings without using gnome's option of session saving.  I have used alsamixer from the terminal but they manually reset back to what they were when installation finished.

Thanks,

Antonio