Recover previous instal

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 15 07:39:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:59 -0700, Norm wrote:
> Is there a way to stop the system from trying to start an application
> (in this case Tomcat.

You could boot up in a run level that doesn't run much, such as run
level 1, use the chkconfig command to disable a service, then switch to
a normal run level.

Go into the GRUB menu when your system starts to boot, and stick a 1
after the kernel line.

e.g kernel /vmlinuz-something... ro root=LABEL=max/ 1

Continue booting, use chkconfig

e.g. chkconfig tomcat off

Continue into a normal run level

e.g. telinit 5

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.