Installing F7 on System with Hardware Raid

Giancarlo del Rossi gdelrossi at entermed.it
Fri Jun 15 08:46:37 UTC 2007

Rick Bilonick ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 09:06 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
>

>> This may be a grub problem instad of a kernel issue.  If you were able
>> to do the install, then this is likely.
>>
>> Boot into resue mode.  Just answer all questions to the default.
>> At the prompt you will see some text about where your filesystems are
>> mounted. (/mnt/sysimage)
>> at the prompt:
>>
>> # chroot /mnt/sysimage
>> # df -h
>>
>> You need to verify where / and /boot are mounted.  I am ASSUMING
>> /dev/sda.  It might be different on your system.
>>
>> # grub-install --no-floppy --recheck /dev/sda
>> # exit
>> # exit
>>
>> Remove the boot media and boot normally.
>>
>> Good Luck.
>>

> I've already re-installed Fedora 7 (after disconnecting the power to the
> raid hardware). Now it boots fine with the raid reconnected. I now just
> have to figure out how to set up the two raid drives to mirror each
> other.
>
> Rick B.

You can add a new raid device with mdadm tool, after the partion of the
two disk.

I suggest to make a backup copy of the data into the old raid devices.

If you dont know the mdadm tool, the man page is very exaustive, or ask
here :)

Check the bios for the correctly boot sequence, after you plug the power
into the raid devices.

Bye

Giancarlo

--
Giancarlo del Rossi
System Administrator
http://www.entermed.it - gdelrossi at entermed.it
-- Se proprio dovete mandarmi file .doc, convertiteli in rtf, grazie --
-- Ennyn Durin Aran Moria: pedo mellon a minno --