RPM with dictionaries

Bjorge Solli bjorge at solli.priv.no
Fri Jun 15 09:08:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I manage a lot of fedora core 5/6 (and soon 7) boxes and have
multi-lingual users who want dictionaries in thunderbird. Since the
dictionary folder is in
/usr/lib[64]/thunderbird-<version>/components/myspell normal users
cannot install dictionaries themselves, and I would have to install them
(dump the dic and iff files) in that dir every time thunderbird gets an
update, I was wondering if anyone have a better solution for this than
to make a script that runs in cron and fixes this on thunderbird
updates. Ideally I would like the thunderbird rpm maintainer to also
make an acompanying rpm with all the dictionaries (or separate for each
language) so that these files are installed on updates of thunderbird
itself. There are of course other ways of fixing this, I just want to
know what other people do.

--
Regards
Bjørge Solli