azureus - can you favour in country peers ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 15 16:50:10 UTC 2007

I noticed the options|ip filters config, but is there another way to
give more peer bandwidth priority to say:
1. own ISP. then
2. in country peers, then
3. region peers.
then rest of the world ?

Although downloading from multiple peers all around the world is
effective, I imagine it would be much better if the client was able to
deliver files on a local or regional preference to save bandwidth {costs
to user for outbound data}, and data usage on international links.

What I can imagine is for a popular torrent like fedora7iso, that people
are getting pieces all around the world. Once you have all the bits and
let the torrent seed, the data is quite often going to out of country
peers across expensive international links; and quite often to multiple
different peers in the same distant country.

DaveT