Skype

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 16 00:03:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:55:00 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

> I enjoy using Skype so I got one from their web page they say is a Beta
> Version. When I rpm the package it came up with 5 bad dependents. So I
> used yum install and one after the other I loaded the needed software.
> Slowly the list got smaller and then it worked.
>
>     I brought it up and it looks odd but it works and I see the guys I
> talk with. But I checked the system and like last time, I have good
> listening audio but the Mike is dead!

What do you mean you see the guys you're talking to? You mean skype can
do video streaming? Or you just see their names in your buddy list?

Open volume control and check the microphone levels. Can you use the
microphone for anything else? Like audacity?

>     Without a doubt the software to adjust the sound card audio has gone
> way downhill since FC4.

I somehow doubt it's F7, because I was able to use my microphone without
a problem. Haven't tried skype under F7 though.