auto.smb and missing mount_cifs.so in FC6

James Allman james at oslx.com
Sat Jun 16 06:18:37 UTC 2007

I am trying to use auto.smb to access network shares.  I can see the
shares listed but I receive the following error when attempting to
access them:

Jun 16 00:03:26 notebook automount[18578]: open_mount: (mount):cannot
open mount module cifs (/usr/lib/autofs/mount_cifs.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory)

yum provides mount_cifs.so returns No Packages found.

What is required to use auto.smb in FC6?

- James