F7: partitioning HD at install

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:02:17 UTC 2007

Michael Klinosky wrote:
> Chris:
>> Also bear in mind if you find out later on you haven't made /boot big
>> enough, it is a right royal pain in the ass to increase the size of
>> the partition.
>
>  From my experience (I researched partitioning for FC6), 10 Meg was
> plenty! Enough for a few GRUBs, actually.

Are you sure? After a fresh install the space taken by contents of /boot
exceed 12MB, and that just one kernel.

> Furthermore, in researching this issue, I found on TLDP a LAME article
> with this:
> "The size of this partition can be as small as a couple Mb; I recommend
> approximately 10 Mb (which should give you plenty of room to store the
> kernel, initial RAMdisk image, and perhaps a backup kernel or two)."

Can you post a link? I suppose this must be a very old article, probably
from a time when the kernel could fit on a floppy.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218