Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.7 is needed by package xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:01:09 UTC 2007

On Saturday, June 16, 2007 1:01 pm Todd Zullinger wrote:
> David, before labeling Michael's statements as FUD, I think it'd be
> best to consider his long involvement with Fedora in shaking out many
> repository and dependency problems.
>
> I'd like to thank Michael for doing the rather thankless work that
> makes the Fedora Collection of packages much better than it would be
> without him.

Besides, it's NOT FUD.  What has actually happened here is that Livna has
updated their version of Xine, but the main repository hasn't yet.  Livna's
xine-lib-nonfree = 1.1.7, main repo's xine-lib = 1.1.6 .

This isn't the first time this has happened, and I doubt it'll be the last.
It's a side effect of having to run multiple repositories...

(When I was running FC5 a few months ago, this would happen pretty much every
update)