Fedora-7 rant #3: Sound

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 19:36:39 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
To: hlhowell at pacbell.net; For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:35:48 PM
Subject: Re: Fedora-7 rant #3: Sound

Les wrote:

>     We welcome your comments, and I am sure that others will hear of the
> issues you describe.  But in reality this is an ALSA issue.  There are
> many many documents on line and in books about Linux.

But that is yet another issue deserving its own rant.  How many of those
documents on line and books actually contain something that relates to
what is delivered in the current fedora distribution, and how is a
reader supposed to tell?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com

Les,

   You are correct in your assertion.  How are we supposed to tell?

How do we save the settings?  The sound settings.  They revert back to the original state.
# alsactl store

does not work.  Why do I ask?

I have added the lines that did it before to /etc/modprobe.conf before.  It does not work.  It is not specific to GNOME, as KDE also reverts the sound back.

No one has answered my question.  This questions should help other users as well not only me.  Is it better to complain and get an answer?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-June/msg03467.html

Regards,

Antonio