two issues during F7 installation

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 16 19:44:42 UTC 2007

  when i went to install F7 over top of most of my current FC6 system,
two observations:

1) i had an external hard drive plugged in at the time, which was then
listed as a candidate for an install drive and which i was *not*
allowed to deselect for the install.  is there a reason for that?

2) i installed initially on this system with FC5 and have been just
installing over top since then while retaining the LVM layout, but
this means the VG name is still stuck at my initial choice of "fc5".
is there a way i can retain the LVM logical volume layout but change
the VG name?  obviously not a showstopper, but it would be nice since
it would make more sense.

thanks.

rday