Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 23:19:54 UTC 2007

On 6/15/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In midst of the Microsoft Linux deals, Novell, Xandros, Linspire, ..., etc.
> The question arises will Red Hat fall into Microsoft's deals?
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070614/38396_id.html?.v=1
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.
> I hope that it does not fall into these kinds of pacts.

These deals have 0% to do with law and 100% to do with politics/PR
(something that could likely be said about software patents in
general).

MS is trying hard to divide the community with moves like these.
Novell/Linspire/Xandros should be cautious about getting into bed with
MS just to try give Redhat a bloody nose or isolate them as some sort
of business-unfriendly communists. I believe that protecting their
customers has little to do with their motivation.