grub at start up

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 04:23:04 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: John <John at johnsdesign.net>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:55:54 PM
Subject: grub at start up

When the box starts up, grub's default time is about 4 seconds; how do I
change that? I remember seeing it posted once before, but forgot to
write down...

         John

Change the line

timeout=5 to timeout=N where N is the number of seconds that you want/desire

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00  rhgb quiet acpi=off
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5    <------  here change the 5 to 10 or 20 whichever number you feel most comfortable
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
        initrd /initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.img
[root at localhost ~]#

Regards,

Antonio