Something missing in system-config-printer

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 17 14:22:01 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 07:51 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:

> >> Can you tell me what exactly is missing?  You can add queues for remote
> >> SMB printers; the browsing functionality is still no better than FC-6
> >> though.
> >>
> >> Tim.
> >> */
> > Well I assume then that this is a difference between the installed F7
> > and the version of system-config-printer you get in the Live CD. In that
> > program there is no option for a SMB printer.
>
> It is the exact same package. So that is unlikely.
>
> Rahul

It may be unlikely but the following is true. I just checked.
When you run system-config-printer after booting the system on the F7
Live CD you do not get the option to create a SMB printer.

Since I have not yet installed F7 itself I can't say what options that
same program gives one when it is run. If it gives you the SMB option
that is great.
Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. -- W. Clement Stone
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net