Window manager gone again?

Knute Johnson linux at rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com
Mon Jun 18 00:21:06 UTC 2007

I ran yum today and did a bunch of updates.  I was hoping that it would
fix the problem of the nvidia driver being started twice but it didn't.
The nvidia logo screen displays before all the startup messages and
again before it asks for your user name and password.  Now when I
finally log in the windows have no title bar.  Typing 'metacity' in a
terminal fixes it but only for that session.  If I switch to my Xfce
window manager it works fine but when I come back to gnome it is hosed.
Any ideas where to start to try to fix this?

Thanks,

knute...