Window manager gone again?

Knute Johnson linux at rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com
Mon Jun 18 01:13:16 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> I ran yum today and did a bunch of updates.  I was hoping that it
>> would fix the problem of the nvidia driver being started twice but it
>> didn't.  The nvidia logo screen displays before all the startup
>> messages and again before it asks for your user name and password.
>> Now when I finally log in the windows have no title bar.  Typing
>> 'metacity' in a terminal fixes it but only for that session.  If I
>> switch to my Xfce window manager it works fine but when I come back
>> to gnome it is hosed.  Any ideas where to start to try to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> knute...
>>
>    Hi Knute, love that name. I'm Danish and my dad when he went
> through Ellis Island they "fixed" his name from Frode to Fred.
>
>    You didn't mention which version of Fedora you have. Please tell us
> that. Your problem sounds very serious and may require a new loading
> of your computer.
>
>    I am using Fedora Core 6 and right now and for the last 6 hours I
> have been getting 600 MB of updates in 450 packages. Takes a lot of time.
>
>    After the updates my computer may not come up at all :-)
>
> Karl Larsen

My grandfather Sven Johanson got his name changed to Swan Johnson.  It
was the US Army that did it to him though :-).  He made it through Ellis
Island unscathed.  And the trenches in France too for that matter.

F7.  And it seems to have fixed itself now.  I don't know what is up
with this thing.

Thanks for your interest though.

knute...