tons of spam

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 18 05:23:19 UTC 2007

George wrote:

>     First, I don't use MS for much, one out of 15 'puters we have are
> MS. All others are apple OSX (main boxes), apple os9, opensuse 10.*,
> freenas, and a few other Linux flavors along with a few bsd test boxes.
> (like, my email domain didn't tell you?!)

Like I looked at your email address?

> I've been on many, many other lists and the host company keeps the
> addresses hidden. Why can't redhat do the same?

They could, they don't, so what?  I belong to many mailing lists and none of
them make an attempt to conceal email addresses.... something (at) company
(dot) com.  Really hard to write a script to figure that one out huh?

> Go to the suse or apple archives (or other linux flavors) and you can't
> see email addresses, so no email addresses get harvested.
> I'm one at least 8 other lists, this list is the most... open(?), by
> far. But on my part, my bad. I shouldn't have assumed...

And you equated the harvesting of your email address with the value of
Fedora.  That isn't only your bad that is something I would expect from a MS
user but a Mac user?  Now I'm really shocked.

> As for your attitude, Yes, it was a bad idea to use a normal address for
> a list that has such an ass like you on it.

Well, at least I don't go around flinging names around.  The last refuge of
the inept.

> What is wrong, can't you figure out how to make simple html links
> correctly in your own website?
> http://www.greshko.com/

You believe I care?

> ... never mind, forget it.

Forget what?

I hope the other replies made you feel as good as mine did.

--
fractal radiation jamming the backbone