Something missing in system-config-printer

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 14:45:27 UTC 2007

> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>

> > It may be unlikely but the following is true. I just checked.
> > When you run system-config-printer after booting the system on the F7
> > Live CD you do not get the option to create a SMB printer.
> >
> > Since I have not yet installed F7 itself I can't say what options that
> > same program gives one when it is run. If it gives you the SMB option
> > that is great.
>
> This doesn't give additional information to contradict what I said.
> Again the programs in the live and regular installations are not different.
>
> Rahul

Rahul,
Why do you say things like the above? I conclude that you are saying the
the Live CD and the installed F7 use the same system-config-printer.
The fact that they don't work the same is strange. If you don't care to
have someone investigate why this different behavior that is ok by me.
My information certainly contradicts your assertion.
After 49 years in computer technology I know if 2 programs act
differently they are not really the same program or they are running in
different environments that make their behavior appear different.
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. -- Alan
Watts
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net