Is prelink really randomizing every two weeks?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 19 02:41:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:13:53 +1000
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:

> | Right up there with using non-standard pipe symbols for your quoting
> | character, perhaps?
>
> They don't make things not work. I just find them easier on the eyes
> than the jagged > chars.

Non-standard quoting characters  break the colorizing that some mail clients do
to set off various levels of reply.

> Given the amazingly high forgery rate of spam headers, does this
> really achieve anything?

These day?  I don't know.  I haven't seen that particular stunt in some number
of years, actually.  The NOSPAM trick here just reminded me of that.  Old home
week and all that, you know.

> I still maintain it breaks the abuse channel
> for the sending of genuine complaints.

How so?  What could constitute a more genuine abuse complaint than "here's some
spam and it originates from the headers in this message"?