How can it be?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 08:53:57 UTC 2007

> I think people who say that are just not aware of the real world. They
> just like the background.

I think your idea of the real world is wrong.

It seems to me the vast majority of people who install Fedora have
absolutely no problems with it. However, one thing they don't do is come
to this list and proclaim to the world how happy they are. So you simply
don't hear from them. Unlike those who do have problems, who rightly
come to this list looking for help. So trying to judge generally how
happy/unhappy people by just scanning this list will not give you a
balanced view. Far from it.

For the record, I'm one of the ones for whom FC6 and F7 have worked
flawless. I have installed many many packages (all via rpm) and not had
a single major problem really. I know that doesn't help much those that
do have problems, but there you go.

Also, like Ed, I'm getting a little bored of your random wafflings on
this list. Please stop your daily 'how I currently feel' reports. No one
is interested. If you have a real problem please post a real question,
and I'll be happy to help if I can, but otherwise stop spamming this list.

Chris