tons of spam

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jun 19 13:24:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 08:44 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Well because for some reason which I have asked people to explain why evolution uses spamd to remove
>  spam but it works very poorly.
> If someone is willing to explain how to make it work well I am anxious
> to learn.

The next evo version (currently in rawhide and working very well so far
might I add) has the option to use bogofilter instead.  Works quite a
lot faster than spamassassin (just have to watch things closely
initially).  You can also set your junk folder to empty at various
times/days, depending on how you select.  And it doesn't drag in a bunch
of dependencies, cept maybe evolution-bogofilter, in which you need
anyway.

evolution-bogofilter-0.2.0-5.fc7
evolution-data-server-1.11.3-2.fc8
evolution-2.11.3-5.fc8

(I think there is a newer version in rawhide today, waiting for my
server to sync up to update to it).  (My system is FC7, just with evo
and maybe another are rawhide'ish, so it all works together nicely so
far).

Have fun if you decide to try it.

--
Mike Chambers