problem with upgrade

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 14:05:43 UTC 2007

> It appears to be "faad2 < 2.5 for package: ffmpeg-libs" causing the
> "Package faad2.i386 0:2.5-7.fc6.at set to be updated" to fail...is there
> somewhere else I can get a compatible ffmpeg-libs from?

It still sounds like the problem I had .. For me, the only solution I
found was to

1. yum remove the conflicting faad2, ffmpeg* and whatever is
conflicting. This might cause a whole bunch of over dependant packages
to also be removed - Keep a note of what goes so you can add them back
later.

2. Clean up your repos to remove the conflict. Either just stop using
one repo by default or have both in but give one a higher yum-priority
than the other

3. Reinstall what you need.

For me this was the easiest way I found to clear up the mess I got into
when trying to mix conflicting repos.

cheers Chris