ATI proprietary linux installer

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 19 16:41:40 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 19 June 2007, Barry Yu wrote:
>Any one has experienced the ATI proprietary linux installer for FC6 or F7 ?

Yes, painfull is an understatement.  Then to top that off, I get it installed,
and *then* find they've dropped support for a well under 5 year old card,
(rv-280 based) screw the feds and their 5 year regulations on that subject.

So then I bought an nvidia card.  It took me 2 or 3 hours to restore the
system well enough that the nvidia drivers would install. fglrx left a lot of
trash to be cleaned up.  But the latest nvidia driver works a treat.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)