Totem on FC6

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 22:06:18 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:41:21 PM
Subject: Re: Totem on FC6

Christian Menzel wrote:

> I have not found a single file totem was able to play, so remove it and
> use vlc.

Ditto.
What on earth possessed Fedora developers to make totem the default?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

Did a search on google to find out.

Question why is totem the default player in Fedora?

The second link returned this:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/

IT is the default player of GNOME.   Therefore, since GNOME is the default desktop in Fedora, that implies that it is the DEFAULT player in Fedora.

Regards,

Antonio