yum mirrors for fedora

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 19 23:38:42 UTC 2007

I have noticed that I always get University of Sherbrooke in Québec and the
linux users group in Manitoba as my yum mirrors.

They are soooo lame! I have tried to break them off to get a better mirror,
and what happens? I get one file, and then yum switches back to those other
two!

I presume that they are being chosen because I live in Canada, but there are
other mirrors, many of them, that are much faster.

How can I get yum to stop choosing lame mirros because of an apparent
proximity to my home and start using the fast mirrors?

I realize that the implicit logic behind this might be altruistic: to use less
internet resources, but frankly, Seattle is 5 times closer than Québec, even
though it is in another country!

Is it possible to use a mirror list that has only the good, ie., fast and
up-to-date, mirrors?