yum mirrors for fedora

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jun 19 23:58:37 UTC 2007

kwhiskerz wrote:
> I have noticed that I always get University of Sherbrooke in Québec
> and the linux users group in Manitoba as my yum mirrors.
>
> They are soooo lame! I have tried to break them off to get a better
> mirror, and what happens? I get one file, and then yum switches back
> to those other two!
>
> I presume that they are being chosen because I live in Canada, but
> there are other mirrors, many of them, that are much faster.
>
> How can I get yum to stop choosing lame mirros because of an
> apparent proximity to my home and start using the fast mirrors?

I think that the yum-fastestmirror plugin is designed to do what you
want.  I've not used it though, so I can't say whether it works with
the new mirror manager setup or not.  But if no one points you to
anything better, it's definitely worth trying.

Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of
which I disapprove.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant