splitting off directories

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Wed Jun 20 02:05:42 UTC 2007

Hello.
I'm about to install F7 on my main computer, and I'd like advice on what
directories I should split off of / (i.e. put on its own partition).

I already have /home split off, and I'd like to have the webbrowser
cache split off too (makes backups quicker).

I recenlty read that /usr could/should also be split off - opinions? I
should note that I'm the only user, and I don't plan on adding much of
anything (i.e. software). Would this make sense in my case?

Any other suggestions?