Brief diary of an F-7 installation

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 09:33:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 19:18 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> It's easy to overlook the fact that Gnome is checked in by default.
>
> Why not give users a simple choice with radio buttons?

Check buttons allow people to choose what they don't want and do want,
in multiple combinations (e.g. Gnome and KDE, or otherwise).  Radio
buttons only allow you to make one choice.  What if you want more than
one GUI system installed?

I've been one of the lucky few, and one of the not so vocal crowd, who
prefer Gnome over KDE.  So I can't say that I've been bitten by these
problems.  :-\

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.