Totem on FC6

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 09:43:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 20:34 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> One question about vlc. The images are quite dark, and I can't find
> any sort of config for brightness/contrast, etc. Any suggestions?

I would think that the first course would be to adjust your video
monitor.  The player shows the video as-is until you do otherwise.

Of course, you have to remember that computer video monitors have a
different response than television video monitors, where the grayscale
linearity is often different and the manufacturers never tried to make
it suit the standard used for video.

You may not be able to get DVDs to look good on a computer monitor.
That depends on your luck.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.