DVD Only Install...

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 14:40:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 19:01 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> At a time when Debian has grateful posters commenting on the
> ability to install from a floppy, Fedora only supports DVD.
>
> Interesting.
You have to have installed Debian to appreciate the difference. Besides
what others have said we have:
1. Newer computers do not have floppy drives (which I think is a shame).
2. Installation depends on fast Internet connection and its progress can
be only described as controlled chaos if you want to control what will
be installed.
It is better to never have tried anything than to have tried something
and failed. - motto of jerks, weenies and losers everywhere
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net