non-LVM partitioning

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 16:04:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 11:38 -0400, Michael Klinosky wrote:
> I recall, several months ago, there was a brief discussion about the
> merits of LVM for the common user. Personally, I didn't (and still
> don't) care to use LVM (would rather use run-of-the-mill partitions).
>
> Is there a way to do that in the F7 install?

You can use LVM, or not, for FC7.  The choice is yours, but I think
you'll have to do manual partitioning (you can do so within the
installer routine).  I'm fairly sure the default automatic partitioning
was LVM, but I don't recall.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.