Is It possibel to have xawtv on Fedora 7 ?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Jun 20 19:21:18 UTC 2007

Thomas TS wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> Thomas TS wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings...
>>>
>>> I am trying to install xawtv (http://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv/) on Fedora
>>> 7 with:
>>>
>>>    # yum install xawtv
>>>
>>> but it seems that this package do not exist on any of the default
>>> repositories...
>>>
>>> Any hope ?
>>>

>> Why not just compile from source?
>>
> I did the download of the sources... then:
>
> # rpm -ta xawtv-4.tar.gz
>              -ta: unknown option

You'll need rpm-devel for the rpmbuild app, that's how you get RPMs built.

> Inside the sources there is a xawtv.spec.in  but i dont know how to
> handle it ...
>
> But, i did the download of an other xawtv.spec and tried:
>
> # rpm -bb xawtv.spec

The SPEC files and tarballs need to be in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD (I think) in order to build properly.  You might
get away with having it in other locations, but I like following the
normal conventions for that.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support