FC5, Wine and NTFS

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jun 21 12:07:11 UTC 2007

On Thursday June 21 2007 4:53:39 am Gary Stainburn wrote:
> What I want to know is is it possible to use wine to run MS Word and Excel
> from my NTFS formatted Win-XP. Ideally I'd like to be able to update
> documents on the NTFS drive too, but that's not essential.

If you're saying you want to be booted up in Linux, and be able to run the
executables for Word and Excel that are installed on your WinXP partition,
the answer is no. CXOffice which is the commercial version of Wine, runs $40
for the basic edition, and does a very nice job of installing Office in
Windows, however. If you must have Office running in Linux, I recommend you
download their demo and check it out for yourself

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD