F7: Evolution constantly crashing

Christian Menzel christian.menzel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:04:20 UTC 2007

Hi Renich,

On 6/22/07, Renich Bon Ciric <renich at woralelandia.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble with evolution... and, somehow, I think it's not an
> evolution bug...
>
> Sometime evolution (and gthumb viewer, games and some others) freeze. I
> don't always get a bugbudy screen but, when I do, I always see some thread64
> lib that has something to do with it.
>
> I have installed the debug symbols so I can post a real good bug about
> this. I promise to take note of the exact library next time I get a bugbudy
> screen (or do a traceback).
>
> Anyway, I think we have a bug in some multythread lib... anybody
> experiencing anything like this?

On my core duo system (32bit) evolution is also crashing all the time and I
don't even get bugbuddy popups.
At the moment I'm using thunderbird to access the mail servers but would
like to stay with evolution because of the address book and the ability to
handle ics attachments correctly.
I also think the problem is not evolution itself, since the version from
rawhide crashes as often as the F7 version.

Chris