yum Error: requested datatype primary not available

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:16:34 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running F7, Yum started giving errors:

[root at f7host yum.repos.d]# yum -d 4 update
"versionlock" plugin is disabled
"downloadonly" plugin is disabled
"allowdowngrade" plugin is disabled
"presto" plugin is disabled
"fedorakmod" plugin is disabled
Running "config" handler for "protectbase" plugin
Running "config" handler for "merge-conf" plugin
Running "config" handler for "security" plugin
Running "config" handler for "installonlyn" plugin
Running "config" handler for "changelog" plugin
Running "config" handler for "skip-broken" plugin
Running "config" handler for "priorities" plugin
Running "init" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Running "init" handler for "tsflags" plugin
Running "postreposetup" handler for "changelog" plugin
Running "postreposetup" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Running "postreposetup" handler for "tsflags" plugin
Yum Version: 3.2.0
COMMAND: yum -d 4 update
Installroot: /
Setting up Update Process
Reading Local RPMDB
Building updates object
Setting up Package Sacks
Error: requested datatype primary not available

It was running fine before. I rebuilt rpm db. Rpm is running fine.
Cleaned yum cache by executing yum clean all.
Disabled a few plugins and checked but the problem still remains.

Googling did not give any good pointers. There are no other reports from
other users, so it must be me experiencing this.

I am out of ideas now, please suggest what to do further.

Thanks & regards,
--
vikram...
--
Hotels are tired of getting ripped off.  I checked into a hotel and they
had towels from my house.