Issues with Fedora running on laptop and external monitor

suspect79 no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Fri Jun 22 20:01:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

Firstly I must confess I am running FC4 but as there was now Froum
section for that I thought best to post here.

I am running FC4 on a Toshiba Tecra laptop and when I connect an
external monitor it runs of that fine but I am unable to display the
picture on both the laptop and the monitor. This is something I
urgently require for a forthcoming exam.

I know it is not the laptop as the Windows boot works fine dual
display. As does Backtrack 2 when I run it. So therefore i am pretty
sure this is down to the xorg.conf file.

If anyone can assist with this I would truly appreciate it. After
flicking between display settings I alsways end up with solids red on
the monitor and a bad picture on the laptop!

Cheers.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=180367&topic_id=39798&forum=28#forumpost180367
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame alkaline3 at sky.com.