Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 22 20:39:13 UTC 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 22 June 2007 21:43, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Nigel Henry wrote:

>>> There are no CD iso's available. Full stop. Whoever decided that should
>>> have thought folks with no DVD ROM drives.
>> Incorrect and misleading. Live CD images are installable. You can do a
>> network installation from the boot.iso or rescue CD images. You can also
>> copy the DVD image to a hard disk and install from the boot/rescue CD
>> image.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora7/FAQ
>>
>> Rahul
>
> I did not mention Live CD images.

Again, you did clearly mention that no CD iso's were available which is
not true.

Previous versions of Fedora were available
> as both sets of CD's, along with the option of a DVD. Surely it's not such a
> big deal to make sets of CD's available along with a DVD.

Additional variations of any sort in the releases have a cost associated
with it. There is additional testing or mirror space they require for
example. All the mirrors are voluntary and will push back if you
duplicate the same packages in several different formats.

Rahul