Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Gavin David dgavin at davegavin.com
Fri Jun 22 21:48:06 UTC 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 16:02 -0300, bdk at unb.ca wrote:
>> Some of the systems I need to upgrade from FC 5/6 to Fedora 7 do
>> not have
>> a DVD drive. In the past there was a set of 4 or 5 CDs that one
>> used to
>> upgrade. Do these ISO images still exist for Fedora 7?  I see a
>> KDE and
>> Gnome(?) live ISOs but no full distribution.
>>
>> If so where are they?
>>
>> If not how does one go from FC5/6 to Fedora 7 without a DVD drive?
>>

>> ....Brian Kaye
>
> You can install F7 from the Live CD. You install the system on the
> CD and then use a yum product to upgrade
> or install what else you want. I do not see a way to upgrade from a
> CD.
>
> Don't ask what I think of that since my opinion could not be sent
> through the e-mail.
> --
<SNIP>

I've upgraded several servers and installed a couple others with the
a CD burned from the boot.iso (../releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/images/
boot.iso). It comes up to a menu with a option of "Install or upgrade
an existing system" and another to do the same in text mode - worked
great for me. Just have a URL handy where you can download the
packages from and choose "HTTP" as the install method.

  Dave