Skype and other things

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 23 01:16:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:22:04 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

> Amadeus W.M. wrote:
>>>     If you use Windows you can attach a web-cam to Skype and see
>>> yourself and the person your talking to. Alas the Linux version
>>> doesn't have that feature. But at least there IS one you can use. I
>>> will be glad to have you call me. My Skype is called k5diusa.
>>>

>> And if you use kopete + jasper (instead of skype) you can attach a
>> camera and your dear friend Al from Melbourne can also see you!
>>

>     I don't know about kopete + jasper. Can you talk to people that are
> using Skype? The virtue of Skype is it talks to the millions of people
> using Windows.

No, you can't, but you can talk to even more millions of people using
yahoo messenger, AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN messenger and a few more. The
important thing about skype (which you seem to be missing) is that for
little money you can call from your computer to a regular phone. Skype is
essentially a software phone.