Volume Control use

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 23 06:04:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 06:04 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Second, the problem is NOT my hardware. This same hardware works
> just fine if you don't upgrade the gstream software on FC6.

It probably is a combination of YOUR hardware, SOME other people's, but
not everybody's hardware.  I think gstream is a bit of a red-herring,
though.  The gnome-volume-control program is in the gnome-media package.
The part of it that has the flaw is ALSA related.  The OSS mixer side of
gnome-volume-control work in the older, more logical manner (you have
separate record and play mute buttons below each volume slider).

> What your complaining about was an effort I made to tell those using
> the Volume Control how to do it.

I think that attempt was heading off in the wrong direction.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & CentOS 5.0, in
 case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.