Volume Control use

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 07:24:22 UTC 2007

2007/6/23, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 06:04 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > Second, the problem is NOT my hardware. This same hardware works
> > just fine if you don't upgrade the gstream software on FC6.
>
> It probably is a combination of YOUR hardware, SOME other people's, but
> not everybody's hardware.  I think gstream is a bit of a red-herring,
> though.  The gnome-volume-control program is in the gnome-media package.
> The part of it that has the flaw is ALSA related.  The OSS mixer side of

> gnome-volume-control work in the older, more logical manner (you have
> separate record and play mute buttons below each volume slider).
>
> > What your complaining about was an effort I made to tell those using
> > the Volume Control how to do it.
>
> I think that attempt was heading off in the wrong direction.
>
> --
> (This box runs FC7, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & CentOS 5.0, in
>  case that's important to the thread.)

> --

I have same problem with Intel ICH5, especially when I move slide (PCM
in particular) and I exit I believed that settings should be retained:
not true, when I boot again slides are at the original position - I
wonder who decided what the "original" position should be... :-)
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag