HTML messages

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 23 13:49:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 18:39 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 13:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > I'm sorry Matthew Saltzman who is working on my Bug, and a guy who
> > signs as "Tim" are using HTML email which my Thunderbird will not
> > decode. This is because I have selected a big font which is easy for my
> > old eyes to see. I can read all straight ascii of tiny font because my
> > system blows it up to normal size.
> >
> >     Just to see I printed Matt's email but it still comes out as garbage.
> >
> >     So please, if you have a way to switch to ascii from HTML do so at
> > least on the list. Then we can all read it.
>
> Damn, am I really sending HTML?  (Obviously, somebody other than Karl
> will have to answer, if I am.)
>
> If I am, I apologize profusely and ask:
>
> How can I get Evolution not to do that?  (And if you're going to say,
> "Use TBird," save yourself the keystrokes, please...)  HTML is not
> checked in the Format pull-down.  I found the tab to select HTML
> formatting and it's not checked either.
>

> > Karl K5DI
Under: Edit->Preferences->Composer preferences
Florence Flask was ... dressing for the opera when she turned to her
husband and screamed, "Erlenmeyer! My joules! Someone has stolen my
joules!" "Now, now, my dear," replied her husband, "keep your balance
and reflux a moment. Perhaps they're mislead." "No, I know they're
stolen," cried Florence. "I remember putting them in my burette ... We
must call a copper." Erlenmeyer did so, and the flatfoot who turned up,
one Sherlock Ohms, said the outrage looked like the work of an
arch-criminal by the name of Lawrence Ium. "We must be careful -- he's a
free radical, ultraviolet, and dangerous. His girlfriend is a chlorine
at the Palladium. Maybe I can catch him there." With that, he jumped on
his carbon cycle in an activated state and sped off along the reaction
pathway ... -- Daniel B. Murphy, "Precipitations"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net